1/23/12
Ad Space
I don't remember
bruises and orange peels,
but I still smell
the blues and
I can't think of
a time I believed
in the sky but I
still feel. I wish
I understood why I
stare at it sometimes
when it's
red and all I want
is blue. I wish I
could understand
what is so beautiful
about the countryside
and why we find
the city so hideous.
Oh, concrete;
I love you.
I want to bask
in gray and sit
on sewer caps
and stare at
the red sky
that I only sort of
remember being
so blue. I don't
understand
why there are
so many colors
in a flood-arch
and why rain
is transparent.
I know this is
Earth and
I know I'm
still spinning
and I know it's
orange, black
and blue
but its a memory
I'll never have
back
to back
like the worn out
books that line
these beautiful
city walls that
wrap around
the equator
and I can skip
through continents
of colors I don't
understand
and I can breathe
air I can't really
taste
and I keep
keep keep keep
on swimming
through
familiar humidity
because knowledge
gets stuck in moisture
and I know it's there
but I don't
really know what
it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment